SDLC 09/2013 to Present
Application development using analysis skills and strategic thought to find creative solutions.
Network App – Highmark
- Developed a localized GIS map to show and compare healthcare providers in a particular area as part of a sales tool for Highmark representatives
- Researched and developed the use of vector data to generate the localized map (no network connection necessary) to improve performance and maintain
a small footprint on the hard drive.
- Used Java web services to pull health care provider data from a server into the map to allow representatives to make clear comparisons between
different health care plans
Health Architect/Culture Architect iPad App - Highmark
- Worked with a team of BA’s to help develop an application that would provide guidance through a tedious interview process for Highmark representatives
while cutting the overall time for the process by 66%
- Provided recommendations for functionality that would make the app easy to use and automate the parts of the interview and post interview process
- Provided recommendations for and developed features of the app that would enhance the user experience and make the app easy to use such as field
validations that clearly mark when a field has been overlooked
- Developed functionality for users to customize a report allowing them to select specific information to send to their clients.
- Integrated Culture Architect and Health Architect into a single application providing streamlined solution for how the applications and data from
each application work together and ultimately a good navigation flow and user experience.
- Expanded action plan timeline so users have the ability to plan for 36 months rather than just 14 months.
Deep Web Presenter – SDLC internal project
- Worked on Deep Web Presenter Tool which allows clients to capture the backend of their site or app, clean sensitive information and then redisplay
locally on their device
- Added functionality to capture websites that use more advanced technologies and frameworks (i.e. RequireJS)
- Used filters to only allow users with the proper permissions to perform certain actions
- Made AJAX calls to REST services to get and save link mapping data that clearly defines how individual captured pages are linked together
- Added log in page as well as log out functionality with user roles using jsecurity, web-services to provide security to captured information and
- Technologies: HTML 5, jQuery, Java, CSS 3, AJAX
Mobile Performance Dashboard - Comcast
- Developed mobile performance dashboard to visually display KPIs and layered data to offer more detail for certain KPIs.
- Created the application using responsive design principles so that it is easily deployed to both iOS and Android devices.
Levelwing 02/2012 to 07/2013
Finding creative solutions for business processes through data analysis and applying technology.
- Developed dashboard app that gather online digital marketing data and used an attribution model to show the success of each digital marketing
channel in a 3d chart
inventory for the landing page – If there is an error or no inventory the ad would be paused
- Assisted in developing a process using application APIs to pull data into a database and automate reports and developed dashboards using Python,
The L.S. Starrett Company 04/2008 to 02/2012
An all purpose marketing specialist that developed business solutions and strategies for the sales force and to promote products.
- Developed web based app for reps in the field to easily identify products and prices
- Developed and implemented multiple ecommerce strategies that increased overall sales 13% in 2010
- Managed and analyzed sales data from data base to create branded promotional strategies
- Designed marketing materials and prospected local sites to distribute materials in a way that increased sales leads and traffic
- Developed strategy to launch new product line using social media, live demonstrations and other traditional media